Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yewebdar & Fekadu's Wedding

So, I'm finally getting the chance to blog one of my longest, but most favorite weddings ever. When this couple met with me for the first time I knew it was going to be something special. To make it easier I'll use their American nicknames, "Mimi" and "Frankie" (hope I'm spelling them right guys!)

Their parents and their entire families are all from Ethiopia so much of their heritage and traditions where incorporated into the wedding. I spent the entire day with them on Saturday from the salon in Edinboro, Frankie's house in Erie, Mimi's parents to formally present her with a bouquet of roses, the Greek Orthodox church for a beautiful ceremony, Frontier park for family pictures, and finally Zem Zem Shrine Club for the reception. This made for a long day but everyone had so much energy that it kept me going. I have never been part of a wedding, or any event, where there were so many people that had that much joy and happiness to share for that long. I also went back on Sunday for another part of their traditional ceremonies. This was a smaller, more intimate affair where Mimi and Frankie wore their traditional Ethiopian garb.

I took sooo many pictures and it was way to difficult to choose only a few for the blog. So I will include one here and about 100 or so on Facebook (because I just can't choose!) I will also have the whole set of pictures up in my gallery as soon as the bride and groom get to see them.

I am so grateful to have been there to capture this wedding. It was truly a unique experience for me.


4 comments:

Katie Mihalak said...

Oh Penny! That is awesome! What a great opportunity!

Brenda Shaut said...

What a beautiful bride and cute couple! What an honor to be chosen to photograph them on their special day.

Anonymous said...

I was there at the magical day and my cousin looks very beautiful so is the groom
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WEDDING EVER!!!

all the best from london England

Anonymous said...

frankie i am very happy for you. :) mimi is beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlG8zTXuy9Y